We recently have allowed Samantha to play games on the computer we have set up for the kids. She loves it and if we didn't set limits she would play almost all the time. It is almost an annoyance because she is always approaching us with the request to play "'puter." I always make her say "computer" before I set her up with the requested game.
For someone like me it is hard to believe a three year old could be using a computer. I didn't use one until I was a sophomore in high school, and the computers were
Commodore 64s with cassette drives.
It wasn't until I was in college ('85-'89) that I used a more modern
IBM XT with a 5 1/4" floppy drive. Later on our department upgraded to the
IBM PS/2 Model 50 computers with 3 1/2" floppy drives. The Model 50s were so much faster than the XTs, especially at rendering
CNC machining instructions from a
CAD drawing.

This is the common scene for Samantha playing a game - sucking her fingers while concentrating.

Later on, she asked me to take a picture of her while she was drinking liquid from her sippy cup. Of course, I obliged.
No comments:
Post a Comment