Thursday night I discovered (luckily it wasn't six o'clock on Friday night) that Donovan's Spiderman costume was missing. We looked everywhere for it and couldn't find it-still haven't. Luckily it was a costume that was given to us a long time ago so at least we hadn't spent money on it. I had to go look for a costume on Halloween in addition to everything else I had to do. I stopped at KMart first since I was up that way and they were picked over-Donovan had a list of about six possible costumes and they didn't have any! I found his second choice at Target where I also bumped into my mother-in-law and father-in-law. They were in town to get their dishwasher fixed. Donovan's second choice was Venom-Spiderman's enemy-and it was 30% off. After errands all morning I got home and did a few things before going to the school to set up for the carnival. Mom and Peggy got to the house right when I left.
I finished at the school about 4:30 and went to get pizza and to pick up Aleah's violin which Gerrit had accidentally broke the bridge on the day before and she needed it Saturday morning for a music class. Bruce and Gerrit were home about 5:45 from setting up the haunted house and we ate and went out trick or treating. The kids had a good time and the weather was really nice. I'm sure Bruce will post a picture but Gerrit was Indiana Jones, Aleah was a witch, Donovan was Venom, and Samantha was Princess Belle.
Saturday I was getting things ready for the carnival and I brought Gerrit and Aleah to a music class at Eckroth music in the morning. We left for the school a little after two and were there for over an hour then came home to get in costume again and were back at the school at four. We got home before nine. The carnival and haunted house went well. We almost ran short of cakes for the cake walk but we played the music a little longer between choosing numbers and we made it until 7:55 before the last cake was gone-it ended at 8:00. I think a lot of families didn't bring their cake!! Clean up went fast since a lot of people helped. I'm really glad that we had an extra hour last night or it would have been a short night for the kids.
There was a silent auction at the school last night too. There was a lot of neat stuff. I made a bid on a Stampin' Up workshop party for me and three of my friends and I won!! I have to do it sometime before December 20th. We each get to make six cards and a box to hold them. I also got the newest Stampin' Up catalog. I'm pretty excited about this. I don't think I've taken the time to stamp anything since February.
We went to Sunday School and church this morning and did things around the house this afternoon. Bruce hurt his back on Thursday and is in a lot of pain. He didn't make it to church. He couldn't hardly walk when he got up this morning. I've got a cold now. My throat is sore and I'm congested. If it doesn't get worse it's not a big deal. I won't be able to donate plasma this week though.
I'll be busy working on dad's scrapbook and getting things ready for his party this week and next. For Monday, I hope to make it to water aerobics in the morning and tomorrow night our church is having a prayer meeting for the elections that I plan to go to as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment