I visited Target today and noticed all the security camera bubbles located in the ceiling throughout. Just for fun, I thought I would count them up as I walked through. I stopped at 125, with 30-50 to go! I guess I'd be surprised if they all had cameras and if they do I'd wonder if they could each be personally monitored. Also, do they even have the capability to record that many at one time to a hard drive?
In training for my job, they told me that, especially in an area like a c-store, security cameras are a minimal deterrence to someone intent on committing a crime such as theft/robbery. Apparently, their main purpose in the c-store security arena is for identification of the criminal after the fact. Of course, in areas such as a "big box" store where the cameras may be monitored by loss control personnel they can also serve the purpose of identifying shoplifting as it happens.
Anyway, seeing all the camera bubbles in Target reminded me of the song "Somebody's Watching Me" by Rockwell. The song was on the radio in the mid-80's. You may recognize a guest artist on this one.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment