I've been roasting my own coffee for a little over two weeks now and it has been going fairly well. My initial purchase of green or raw coffee beans was two pounds. I've used that up and just yesterday ordered three more pounds. So far I've purchased my raw beans from Our Coffee Barn in Spring Valley, WI. The main reason I've bought from them is that they were an online retailer fairly close in location; and I've found them to be very quick in processing and shipping the order.
My first purchase included one pound of an East African bean, Kenya AA, and one pound of a blend they call Raging Bull. Raging Bull includes African, Brazilian, and Asian beans. For my second order I went all Central American with beans from Guatemala, Costa Rica, and Panama.
In doing some online searching I have found a retailer, MoJo Roast Coffee Roasters, in Westhope, ND that sells raw coffee beans. Their prices are comparable to Our Coffee Barn but their shipping is much higher for some reason. Maybe when I travel through the Westhope area I can stop in and see if I can purchase some beans at their location to avoid the shipping costs.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment