Monday, March 30, 2009

More snow

It has now been snowing over 28 hours.  We have 16.5 inches of new snow.  We are now only two inches away from breaking the all time snow record that was of course set the winter of 1996-1997. We may not do it tonight but it's only March 30 and in North Dakota it can and does snow in May so we've a good chance at breaking that record.  And really since we're so close I hope we do. What's a few more inches.

The kids didn't have school today.  That's the second snow day this year (Bismarck usually only has one snow day about every 10 years or so) plus the kids didn't have a day and a half of school last week because of flooding and spent two days in a different school.  We're all ready to get back to normal.  When I told the kids they didn't have school this morning Aleah said, "But I want to go to school."  She just loves school so much.

Tomorrow the plan is to celebrate Samantha's fourth birthday.  I see on the Bismarck schools website that there is school so I'm hoping the streets are cleaned enough so people can get here. Bruce spent about two hours snowblowing the driveway today.  He's used the snowblower more this winter than in the past seven winters combined. 

I'm dreaming of green grass and no snow and no mud...........someday.

No comments: