Boy, it is so windy today! Just like it was yesterday. It is keeping our house nice and cool but I hope it goes down soon. I don't care for wind. Plus I have some work to do in the garden but have to wait for calmer breezes.
This is a good time for a peanut report. My gentle readers may remember
last year I
tried to grow a
couple plants and
almost succeeded. There was peanut production but they were very small.
This year I attempted to start a bunch early in pots but only four came up. Temperatures were a problem, I think. Nancy wouldn't let me keep the plants inside and it was too cold outside this spring for good peanut germination. If I try again next year I'll keep them inside. I don't why I have a desire to grow peanuts, I guess I just like to experiment with something unusual like that.

This is this year's crop of peanut plants. I took the photo today. There are three surviving plants. Nothing really to report - they are growing slowly.

One apparent casualty of the wind. It doesn't look like this tomato plant is going to make it. All of the other tomatoes are also laying down but they aren't wilting.

The sweet corn is also laying down. They will either right themselves after the wind calms or else I'll go in and straighten them up myself. I've had to do that quite often in past years.
In the back are the same kind of sunflowers I accidentally killed last year. They are supposed to get 10' to 12' tall.

A campanula plant from our front flower garden. I think it is also known as a bellflower. These are pretty little plants.
No comments:
Post a Comment