I have almost got three coats of primer on Aleah's bedroom walls. What a lot of work. I knew when we painted the walls bold colors-red, yellow, blue, and green that it would not be fun to paint it another color. We're also painting the trim white so that has to be primed as well and will take about three coats. Bruce got the first coat on the window trim over the weekend.
I did take the kids swimming on Sunday afternoon at the Y and then Saturday Gerrit, Aleah, and Donovan swam at Noah's birthday party so they've been swimming a lot latley. Gerrit's ear plugs work really well.
Today besides painting we had Noah Welch over to play with Donovan. Taylor is in the hospital for another week of chemo. They had a good time and Donovan said they forgot to play the Wii. They spent a fair amount of time outdoors even though it was quite warm and there was no breeze.
I noticed in the obituaries today that someone I use to babysit for lost her mother. Her mother was 89 and my mom had mentioned that she had heard she was sick but the shocking thing is that Dee's dad died June 30th-20 days before. I feel bad for her. She doesn't have any siblings anymore either. She had two brothers and a sister but they all died quite young. At least Dee's husband has a very supportive Christian family that will be there for her. I always enjoyed babysitting for Doug and Dee's kids. Now one of the twins is married. I think it should make me feel old when the kids I babysat are getting married but I just think how can they possibly be old enough to get married??
Tomorrow is the last busy Tuesday of the summer. This is the last week of tennis and it's also the last piano lesson for Aleah until September. After swimming lessons we have a picnic put on by the sponsors of Donovan's speech therapy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment