Sunday, September 2, 2007

Pumpkins and peanuts

I neglected to include a picture of the pumpkins in my earlier post about the garden. To me it is pretty amazing that these are only two plants, one on each hill. I thought the pumpkins themselves were going bad because they were getting soft, but they hardened back up after I watered. Doh.

This just illustrates the lengths to which I will go to keep our faithful readers happy. Ha. I had to get on my hands and knees for this photo. This is one of two peanut plants, and the shoots (pegs) going in the ground are visible. As I said before, there is not time for them to develop but I think there would be one peanut (pod) on each peg. With all the "p" words here I'm sure a person could make up a nice alliteration - I'm not usually that creative though. I always thought it was common knowledge that peanut pods develop below ground but Nancy did not know that. Goes to show you - a person learns something every day.

No comments: