And the weekly feature "80's Videos" is back! Yes!
I get the "internet sense" that maybe my personal choices of 80's videos haven't been very popular lately - especially with my spouse. What I am going to do more often, but not always, is focus on Billboard magazine Hot 100 number one hits. I'll just kind of pick and choose. I'm obviously not going to go through every week or month for the decade of the 80's.
This first video was #1 for one week - on January 12 of 1980. It is Rupert Holmes with "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)." I've never seen the guy and I have to admit the picture in my head was way different than this!
All right everyone, put on your dancing shoes for some disco! This one is "Funkytown" by Lipps Inc. The song was number one for four weeks in 1980 - from May 31 through June 21. The group was from Minneapolis.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment