Monday, July 28, 2008

Painting is finished in Aleah's room

The painting is finished in Aleah's room. It took three coats of primer and only one coat of pink-at first glance Pepto Bismol comes to mind but her room is a bit lighter. It is very pink but it is cute. Bruce is starting work on the floor soon and I will paint the trim that has been removed. Hopefully we can get her in her room by/on Saturday.

I did take the kids to the tennis fun day on Saturday. Aleah actually won a very nice Nike tennis bag that can hold six racquets. I'm not sure why someone would need six racquets but there's room for other things as well.

I took the kids to the Y to swim this afternoon. I had planned on taking them to an outdoor pool but the weather was weird-it was cloudy, humid and there were thunderstrom warnings and we noticed when we drove by on of the pools that it wasn't even open. I got a bunch of cleaning done as well today-that kind of got neglected this weekend with all the painting.

Tomorrow I'm watching my cousin's daughter for the day. The kids are excited about baby Summer coming. She's 10 months now so she may get into things and she certainly will be have a lot of entertainment while she's here.

Bruce is going to take Gerrit to his parents after work tomorrow. Gerrit will stay at the farm until Friday. This is the third summer he's went to grandpa and grandma's by himself-he loves it! We'll be visiting my parents next week while we go for my cousin's wedding-my youngest cousin getting married-I remember when he was born-I was in the fourth grade.

No comments: