Sunday, April 13, 2008

We made it!

Mom and I got to Rochester about 5:00 tonight. The drive was just fine and the traffic around Minneapolis was no big deal. We met Loren and Kelly for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. It's the only one in Minnesota. It was really good and the decor was like a fancy Vegas casino. Loren was feeling a little funky though. He had a really bad headache this morning and took what he thought were three motrin. Three hours later he still had his headache and took three more. He then realized he had taken six antihistimine tablets. Kelly called the drug hotline and they said he'd be okay just feel really out of it today. He felt really tired.

I had a hard time falling asleep last night and then Samantha woke up quite a few times. I do feel tired right now and will go to bed early. I drove all but 120 miles today. Mom drove from Fargo to Alexandria. There was so much snow between Fergus Falls and near the cities. There's no snow in Rochester and the grass is turning green.

Mom has a lot of tests tomorrow and we need to be ready for the shuttle at 6:30 a.m. At least she's able to use the shuttle unlike last year at this time when I had to push her to the clinic (about three blocks from the transplant house-uphill) in a wheelchair since she was too weak to even get on the shuttle.

1 comment:

Bruce Darnell said...

Sounds like Kelly probably should lock the medicine cabinet and hide the key from Loren! Just kidding, but yikes.