Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A long day

We started the day at 5:30 again. Mom had a test starting at 6:45 and she had things scheduled until almost four. We don't know anything more than yesterday. She will see a couple doctors and her coordinator tomorrow and if all is well we can leave!! Mom couldn't eat until after one today-she just barely had enough time between appointments to grab something to eat. I ate breakfast in the huge cafeteria in the Mayo Building-this is the first time I had seen it in the six times I've been here-go figure. The food tasted the same as the cafeteria in the Methodist Hospital. Mom had mentioned before there was one down there but she couldn't remember where it was and I had never had to take her to the Hilton building before today so we had never passed it.

After the appointments we stopped back at the transplant house and dropped off some things and then we ate at the Timberlodge. That was really great. We stopped at SuperTarget then and mom got Aleah's birthday present. I could tell she was super tired so I asked if she wanted to go back to the house and she did. I continued my shopping journey to Kohl's but didn't find much. Mom is in bed now.

Bruce spent some time with Gerrit at the walk-in clinic tonight. Gerrit has a weird itchy rash and was hot. Donovan also has a rash but not as bad. The doctor thinks it's a rash from strep so she tested Gerrit as well. We're still waiting for the results. I'm actually surprised the school didn't send him home. Bruce took pictures and emailed them to me to see what I thought it was. Hopefully Bruce will post later about what's going on with Gerrit.

No comments: