In the post yesterday, I mentioned a couple of photos I found in a box along with a photo of one of my nephews, Casey. Thought I may as well scan them so everyone could enjoy them as much as I did.

I like this picture, but have no idea how old it is. Probably the mid-90's if I had to guess. It was taken with my Yashica 35mm SLR camera, and is of my dad in the process of either opening or closing a wire gate on the Slagh farm. He is holding a fence stretcher. Some wire gates are very tight and require the stretcher to open or close. The gate post in most cases is held to the fence post with a wire loop. The stretcher is used to pull the gate post to be able to remove or put on the wire loop.

All right, this should prove that I'm not afraid to put up bad or embarrassing pictures of myself! Again, I don't know how long ago it was taken. It looks like I am packing a suitcase so I may have been in college. If so, it was the late 80's. This one was likely shot with my 110 cartridge camera. Yes, I got perms in high school and college!
No comments:
Post a Comment