
I took today off from work and with the family went to
Papa's Polar Patch this afternoon. The place was relatively empty when compared to the way
Papa's Pumpkin Patch usually is. I'm sure they are busier on the weekends. Papa's Polar Patch is only open on select weekends and this happens to be the last one. Tomorrow is the last day.

Our two young ladies pose for the camera.

The young men cheerily stuck their faces in the holes.

They have one neat bale maze that even adults can walk through. Taller people may have to bend over slightly. Portly people such as myself can have no fear of getting stuck.


We let the three older kids take the "sled" ride this time. The sled is an old car hood with a cushion and blankets, and a bar with which to hang on. The sled is pulled on a trail, and off, with either an ATV or an RUV (Recreational Utility Vehicle). They have four units pulling sleds and ours happened to be an RUV. Since an RUV has a bench seat the driver offered for me to ride along. Of course, I took him up on that offer. I thought I could get some good pictures as well as have a good time. The driver said I could either buckle up or hang on to the side grab bar. I chose just to use the bar.
I suppose this could have been predicted, but the kids ordered the wild ride, and I don't know who was more scared on the ride - me or the kids! Me, I think. Turns out the RUV ride is pretty rough, too. I did not get any pictures, that is for sure. I ended up hanging on with both arms while turned to the side so I could watch the kids. I'm sure the driver is comfortable with his machine and its limits but there were times I could swear he was lifting the inside wheels on turns!
The kids sure had a blast and they wanted to get right back on for another ride. For smaller kids they do a much gentler ride and don't drive off the trails to do loops/donuts.


Samantha was having fun driving the tractor so we had the other ones get up to pose for a picture.

Hi, little Samantha!

This was taken shortly before we left. Their faces are much more red than when we got there. We took one break to have hot chocolate and warm cookies in the shelter. They also have a bonfire going outside and you can purchase supplies to make s'mores.
A good time was had by all!
No comments:
Post a Comment