Boy, it sure has been a long time since I've put up an 80's video. Let's kick it off again with "Life in a Northern Town." This song by The Dream Academy, a British group, went to #7 on the Billboard Hot 100 in February of 1986. It was their biggest hit and probably the only Dream Academy song most people would remember. Apparently the song was written about someone they knew who had died of an antidepressant overdose.
To me this has always been a winter song. Partly because it is not exactly an upbeat summer type of song, but mostly I suppose because that is the season it was popular and when I likely would have heard it the most.
Sugarland, a country group, has a cover version of the song. You can watch the video on YouTube here. It isn't too bad.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment