Monday, February 9, 2009

California Grandma

My mom should be at my uncle's in California by now. Samantha and I brought her to the airport this morning and her plane left at noon. She flew into Las Vegas and her brother and sister-in-law picked her up and they were driving the 300 miles to their winter home in the desert of California. She'll be gone for two weeks. Samantha really wanted to go with her. She started packing her Dora suitcase last night and she put in her blanket and one change of clothes. It was really cute. My mom told her she would need sunscreen so Samantha was going to start looking for that until we told her not to do that-two weeks is too long for my baby to be gone.

Mom called a little after six tonight and they were halfways there. She said she sat by someone one from Williston on the plane. He was a twenty-one year old man that had never flown and was really nervous. He asked mom if she'd hold his hand. Bruce and I thought that was strange and funny that a stranger would ask you to hold their hand but whatever. Mom did hold his hand so that was nice of her.

It was a busy weekend-like usual. I had my first open house book party and it went well. It was good practice for me. I have one show booked and hope to get many more. I'm having a few people over tomorrow that couldn't make it Sunday so they can look at the books and of course we'll get a good visit as well. Hopefully the weather won't be too terrible.

It was really crazy after school today. Aleah normally has piano on Tuesdays but about four times a year they have group lessons and this is one of those times so she had piano at 3:30. Gerrit had Science Club at 4:00. I then filled gas on the van and picked Aleah up at 4:20. We went home so she could change for her very first volleyball practice that started today. I took a couple phone calls and sent an email in the 15 minutes I was home. We were then back in the van since she had practice at 5:00. Gerrit got done with Science Club then but thankfully Bruce was able to pick him up and I decided tonight would be a good night to have pizza. Originally we had a Girl Scout troop meeting planned for tonight but we moved it-otherwise Aleah (and I) would have had that from 6:30-8:30 and I know I was just tired out from all the driving I did after school. Thankfully we'll only have one more Monday like this in March.

No comments: