Tuesday, February 10, 2009

California Samantha?

In her post below Nancy talks about how Samantha was prepared to go with her grandma to California via Las Vegas and had even packed her Dora suitcase. I took the above photo after Samantha had finished packing. She really did a good job.

When she mentioned early Monday evening that she was going along with Grandma J, we told her there was no way we would let her go - we would miss her too much. Later on we put her to bed. She was in bed for a few minutes before she yelled out, "Mom. Dad. I don't want to go with grandma!" That was so cute.

Even though we had let her know otherwise, in her mind she had still planned to go - until she was in bed and thought about it. I again assured her that even though Grandma had played along there was never a thought in our minds that we would actually let her go. I told her we loved her too much to be without her for so long.

No comments: