Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cell Phone for Bruce L. Osis

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a new cell phone. The battery on my old Motorola RAZR V3c was toast. The phone, and battery, were over two years old - which is not too bad a life span for a cell phone battery.

I use my cell phone just as a phone. I don't text or access the internet. Once a while, I might take a picture or record a video with the phone if I see something interesting and don't have my camera. In other words, I wasn't unhappy with the phone itself. I just figured instead of spending $40 or $50 and ending up with a new battery for an older phone, I might as well spend about that, with a 2-yr agreement, and have a new phone with the associated new battery.

I did do some online research on available phones. I knew I wanted a flip phone because I like to keep the phone in the front pocket of my pants. In the end I went with one similar to the RAZR V3 - the RAZR VE20 (pictured below). It is a nicer phone and it is definitely an upgrade with better and different features, but like I said I don't use most of those. I am happy with my new phone so far.

The USB connection (charging and computer connection) on my old Razr was a mini-USB while the new phone has a micro-USB. Why the change, I don't know. I did know that fact before going into the store and just assumed I would have to buy a new car charger and computer cable. What I found instead was a Motorola mini-USB to micro-USB adapter. An online cell phone retailer had them cheap so for under $10, with shipping, I had two adapters and they work just great. A new car charger and computer USB cable would have cost at least $30.

I put this rambling cell phone post up so our dear visitors may be aware of the adapter option, if they ever run into a similar situation. You can thank me later. :)

No comments: