Saturday, February 21, 2009

Kidz Curl

Today was the last session for this season of Kidz Curl at Capital Curling Club. I took Gerrit and hung around to watch. It was the first time I had gone and I found it very interesting. Curling has a lot of technique, strategy, and science; and, just like many sports, appears to look fairly easy until you try it. I wouldn't mind trying curling, but I don't know if my worn knees could take the throwing or delivery process.

Mr. Martin is giving Gerrit's group a tip on throwing the stone. They are not actually using a stone at this point but just practicing the process. All of the instructors are volunteers and do not get paid for this.

Toward the end of the session, the whole Kidz Curl group posed for photos. I overheard an instructor say they usually had 35-40 kids at each session.

This is the group of first year kids. Mr. Neuman was the main leader/instructor.

Here is a video showing a bunch of curling shots:

2 comments:

dakotapastor said...

How about you and Bruce and Pam and I give it a try the next time the Club has an open house for adults? I'm up for it.

dakotapastor said...

Also, you might find this interesting: http://curlnews.blogspot.com/