Sunday, March 2, 2008

Rolls Are Taxing

You know, "peanut seeds" just doesn't sound right, does it? I know it is correct but it just isn't language we use, especially since peanuts aren't planted around here.

I finished up our federal taxes last night and e-filed through TaxAct online. We do get a refund again. Thank you to Gerrit, Aleah, Donovan, and Samantha. If you get a refund every year, a person should really increase the number of allowances on the W-4 so the money is available to you throughout the year. I already have mine at 10, but I suppose there is no limit, really.

Someone help me. I made a batch of caramel rolls again yesterday. One of these days I'll be working on something in the basement and Nancy will call down the stairs, "Bruce, will you please come up?" As I trudge up the stairs I'll see my whole family sitting in the living room along with someone I've never met, a counselor. Nancy starts out the intervention, "We love you and care about you so much, but your obsession with caramel rolls . . ."

Seriously, I think part of the challenge is that it has been harder than I expected to get them just right. Nancy finally said this morning that she is a little bit sick of caramel rolls. I think I agree.

There is a web site I frequent where the guy is always working to perfect his own recipes for everything from cheesecake to pizza to flan. He has an excuse, though, because he is writing a cookbook. He ends up throwing a lot of his food in the garbage - he lives alone.

No comments: