Thursday, March 13, 2008

A day to stay home

Today was unusual. I did not have to go anywhere-take the kids somewhere, have something I had to do, etc. It was nice. I baked Gerrit's birthday cake and will frost it tonight since his party is tomorrow. I also got his shamrock/clover sugar cookies baked. He'll bring those to school on Monday. He brings the shamrock cookies since his birthday is on St. Patrick's Day. I still have to frost them but that can be done sometime this weekend.

I also did six loads of laundry as well and Samantha and I watched some Dora. Samantha wore her gymnastics outfit all day and was practicing somersaults-or forward rolls as they're referred to in gymnastics. Thursday night is always big homework night around here too and that's done now.

At the school on Wednesday morning at the Pastries for Parents there were so many doughnuts and muffins and bagels left. The leftovers were brought to the homeless shelter, sent to the teacher's lounge, the sixth grade classrooms, and a principal meeting. They had gotten three cases of bagels and there were 12 bags of bagels with six bagels in each of them in the box. All together only seven bagels were eaten!! There will be no bagels at next year's Pastries for Parents!!

Tomorrow I'm donating plasma at six a.m. After I get home and get the kids off to school I have Book Talk-we're discussinig the book "Water for Elephants." It was pretty good. After that Samantha and I will make a trip to Wal-Mart for some major shopping!! When I get home I need to start making homemade pizza for the birthday party. The boys will go swimming at the Y after we eat and I plan on working out in the Life Center then-that will make it three times this week for me!! I haven't been able to manage that since the fall.

No comments: