Monday, March 31, 2008

Sam - Happy Birthday from Dad!

Just wanted to come on and wish our baby girl a happy 3rd birthday! Unfortunately, she can't yet read.

Nancy and I joke that it is a good thing she was our fourth child, because if she would have been first we may not have had any more! She was very colicky for the first four months or so. I think she had a lot of tummy pains - gas probably. But she grew out of that and has been fairly trouble free since. She is a sweet little girl and we love her very much. Just the other day I was adjusting the chains on Nancy's Schwinn Airdyne exercise bike and Samantha grabbed some tools and was "helping" me.

The very first photo of Samantha - taken on the day she was born.

With Gertie Grandma in December of 2005. Grandma was 96 at the time of the picture.

Samantha and her Pooh cake at the party for her 1st birthday.

Falling asleep on the living room floor in August of 2006. I think it is cute because it shows how she has always sucked her fingers on her left hand. When on my lap she will use her right hand to play with my shirt. She kind of grabs a fold of fabric and rubs it between her fingers.

A Blue's Clues cake for her 2nd birthday. She still watches that show but enjoys Dora the Explorer a lot more.

At the Dakota Zoo's annual member picnic in July of 2007. Samantha is a good eater and will eat pretty much the same foods Nancy and I do. That is the opposite of our other kids.

No comments: