Friday, March 7, 2008

Back Home

I made my triumphant return to Bismarck right about 4:45 p.m. today. I had been working out east. I left on Tuesday and worked in Oakes, Sisseton, Rosholt, Wahpeton, Fargo, Grandin, Hunter, and Colgate.

On this trip my company car turned over 55,000 miles. I picked it up new in January of 2006. The company usually replaces them at around 60,000 miles, so within the next six months or so I should have a new one.

It was extremely cold working outside this week, made worse by the fact I forgot my stocking cap and gloves on this trip. Most every store has removed winter wear from the shelves, I found out. I was able to get some gloves at a farm and home store in Fargo but was not able to find a stocking cap. I just relied on the hood of my winter coat and it worked out fine. I actually had the most trouble with my hands, and it is hard to write when your fingers are numb.

Driving west today I had to gradually turn down the heat in my car and from that I surmised it was warming up outside as I drove this way. Brilliant deduction, eh?

A red car (driven by a young lady) and I made the trip together from Jamestown to Bismarck. She was initially behind me but gradually passed and I was behind her the rest of the way. I think the whole time we were within about five hundred feet of each other. We took the same exit and went down the same street for a while. I suppose she was starting to think I was following her or something.

Until later, my peeps.

No comments: