Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Chocolate chip cookies!

I made about seven dozen chocolate chip cookies this afternoon. I'm bringing treats for the kids at Adventure Club tomorrow night. I'll also take some to small group and there's a few leftover for us. Donovan told me I should make chocolate chip cookies often. I had made some only about a month ago-you'd think I never bake by the way Donovan sounded.

Besides my cookie baking I donated plasma at six this morning, went to Moms In Touch, worked out at the Y, and Samantha and I went to Barb and Sydney's for lunch. We actually just went there for a short visit (the girls needed their fix of each other) and Barb invited us for lunch which was nice. Samantha did not nap again today so she had a couple breakdowns tonight but at least settled down to sleep easy tonight. She's been giving us a lot of problems and with the time change this weekend that should be interesting-remember to set your clocks ahead one hour this weekend.

The kids didn't have school yesterday since the teacher's had an inservice. After Donovan had speech we met Bruce for lunch at McDonald's and then went to the top floor of the capitol to enjoy the view. I spent a lot of the afternoon and Saturday helping Gerrit with some projects for school. Aleah and I went to the mall to pick up Samantha's birthday gifts from mom and Aleah bought some clip on earrings. She's quite obsessed with earrings. She wants them pierced so bad but we think she's a little young yet. I also worked with Donovan on his scrapbook on Sunday. Bruce and I watched "Ocean's 13" over the weekend. We liked it much better than 12 but not quite as much as 11. Aleah had her dance pictures instead of dance practice last night.

Tomorrow I've got a few things to do around the house before Donovan has speech in the morning. Aleah has her first piano lesson tomorrow after school. I'll stay with her the first time but then she'll be on her own. I'm anxious for her to start learning. I think she'll catch on quite fast. She's already mastered a few things I've taught her. She's taking lessons from our secretary at church. She also has summer lessons so Aleah will only have a break in August since Louann takes that month off.

No comments: