Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Who knew?

Who knew you had to plug in a crockpot before it would work?? Just kidding. Obviously I know that. I had asked Bruce if he could turn on the crockpot before he went to bed last night so we could have warm applesauce this morning. I think either I didn't plug it in or he unplugged it to charge some camera batteries but when I was up at five to donate plasma the crockpot was not hot. I saw that it was unplugged and turned it on high. When I got home a little after seven the crockpot was still not hot so my first thought was that it was broken until I investigated further and saw that I had plugged the mixer in instead of the crockpot so I corrected my mistake. Around nine this morning the applesauce was finally ready and it was so good-worth the wait!

I was home from my meeting with Donovan's teacher and speech pathologist by a quarter to nine this morning. I got my second load of laundry in then and Samantha and I rocked for awhile. I gave her a bath this morning and she's become afraid of getting soap in her eyes lately and does not like baths now-she's okay with swimming though. We stayed home and did laundry and a host of other things until it was time to get the kids from school and then it was off to speech and piano lessons. Donovan also had his first Tiger Cub den meeting tonight. He had a good time.

I got the parent letter sent out today for help with the carnival games and so far three parents have contacted me. Hopefully more will soon or they will have to be called. I think I'm going to have some other parents do the calling. That's not my thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That crock pot thing happened to my chili dinner a few weeks ago...my problem is that I forgot to tell the Rev to turn it on!