Thursday, October 30, 2008

Conference and book club

The kids parent teacher conferences went very well today after school. They're all doing great-Donovan especially. His speech delay could have delayed his reading skills but luckily they haven't and he's doing an awesome job reading and he loves it.

Book Club this morning was really fun. We discussed Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. It's so worth reading. It was about a fictional school shooting (I know not a light topic) and we had a really good discussion.

Tomorrow is already Halloween and the last day of October-there's only two months left of 2008. Bruce got home from Minot and Fargo late this afternoon and he and the kids were carving their pumpkins tonight. Tomorrow right after school work begins on setting up the haunted house and I need to get started on setting up the games. Hopefully mom will be at the house then so I can leave Samantha-she really isn't that great a helper. Bruce and Gerrit hope to be done by six so we can quickly eat some pizza and get to trick or treating.

No comments: