Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dress Up

Today at our MOPS meeting we had the kids dress up in their Halloween costumes (if the mom's wanted them to do so) since we won't have another meeting until November 6. Samantha wanted to be Princess Belle but didn't want to wear her dress-after a bribe of a pack of gum she agreed and she looked really cute. After MOPS she did not want to take off her costume but I convinced her it would be hard to play in her princess dress at McDonald's so she agreed. All the kids looked really cute today. One mom made clown costumes for her whole family (husband too). What a lot of work that would be.

After lunch at McDonald's with Barb, Karen, and girls; Barb watched Samantha for me when I donated plasma. I do not like getting up at five a.m. but I do like to donate that early and get it out of the way and things just seem to run more smoothly at the center right away in the morning. It's more busy and backed up in the afternoon and evening. I remember when I use to donate after supper many years ago and they would be so far behind it would sometimes take two hours to get through. Now it rarely takes me more then an hour and 15 minutes and mostly just over an hour.

I'm happy to report that it no longer takes $70 to fill up the van's gas tank. Today's total was just under $52-and it was almost empty!! Now if only groceries would start coming down in price-especially dairy!!

No comments: