Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our weekend in Europe

Obviously we didn't really have a weekend in Europe but we did see almost 5,000 pictures (I am not exaggerating either-they truly did take that many pictures) of Loren and Kelly's Europe trip so we did experience Europe a bit. It took almost three hours to see all those pictures. Loren hooked up his digital camera to our TV and we all viewed them. Bruce missed it (maybe that's not such a bad thing-just kidding) since he went to an auction and Aleah, Donovan, and Samantha watched off and on but mom, dad, Gerrit, and I saw them all. Dad and I were getting pretty sleepy towards the end though.

My favorite pictures were of the Tower of London, along the Rhine River in Germany (so many castles), the pictures of the Vatican in Italy and the pictures of the Colosseum, the pictures of the mountains in Switzerland, and the pictures of the Eiffel Tower and the pictures from the Louvre in France.

Loren did bring us some Belgium chocolates-they were awesome and some wafer cookies and crackers from Germany. The wafers were so yummy! We also got some English Breakfast tea from London-we tried it and it's really good. I think they other gifts will come at Christmas time.

We didn't do anything super exciting this weekend but it was nice to see mom, dad, and Loren-we missed Kelly but we'll all be together in just under seven weeks for dad's birthday. Loren got here before nine on Friday night and mom and dad got her around five-we were at swimming lessons when they arrived and we brought home Little Caeser's Pizza for supper.

Mom and dad are still around and mom and I are going to shop for dad's party supplies tomorrow morning. Loren left just after one this afternoon.

When Loren was here we had Samantha sleep with Aleah (she has a double bed) and Loren slept in Samantha's room. Let's just say that both girls slept great. Neither one got up either night. This is highly unusual for these two. Bruce and I think they both like having someone in the room with them. Aleah didn't start having sleeping problems until the boys moved downstairs and she was by herself. Tonight they were both hard to get to bed and they came out quite a few times. I think we should have had them share a room and let the boys each have their own.

This week I need to get things in motion for the Halloween carnival (order the prizes) and work on stuff for dad's party and some Girl Scout things as well and I think I'll be canning tomatoes probably next week.

No comments: