Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Better day

Everyone was in a better mood today which was nice since I had a bad headache until about three this afternoon. It wouldn't have been so bad if I could have taken some Tylenol or Motrin but you can't do that 48 hours prior to a plasma donation and I donated today and plan to again on Friday. I think it's partly sinuses and stress from the carnival. I didn't call any parents back today but will bug them tomorrow and Aleah said her teacher forgot to mention it to the class.

Barb watched Samantha while I was donating plasma and Samantha asked Sydney if she had a Gena (pronouned Gee-na) and a Grandma-that's what she calls mom and dad (Bruce's parents are Grandpa and Grandma). Sydney asked Barb what's a Gena and Barb just told her that's what Samantha calls her Grandpa. Dad is finally getting paid back for all his teasing. He wanted us to name Samantha Gena (there was a neighbor lady where he grew up that was named Gena) and he called her that after she was born and by the time she started talking she started calling him Gena. It's pretty funny and he really doesn't like it but it's his own fault. I was joking with mom that I should put Happy 80th Birthday Gena on his cake but most people wouldn't get the joke.

Tomorrow I've got my MOPS book club at the house in the morning then Samantha and I have to do a little shopping-birthday shopping for mom-her birthday is on Monday (she's no where near 80-there's a big age difference between my parents-13 years) but since she'll be around the next couple of days I'll give her the gift a few days early. I also have the kids Parent Teacher conferences after school. I always look forward to those.

1 comment:

Bruce Darnell said...

So, when is your mom arriving? I don't believe you've discussed the schedule with me. I'll add that to the discussion items for your monthly performance review! Ha.