I forgot to mention the food we ate this weekend. Bruce made an awesome egg bake for brunch on Saturday morning. It was really good and he's going to make it for his family when he's there for pheasant hunting. He also made homemade cinnamon raisin biscuits that were also really good.
I really like it when houseguests bring food with them-ha, ha. Mom and dad brought some ground beef and a roast when they came. We had grilled burgers Saturday night and roast after church on Sunday. Everything tasted good this weekend.
Tonight I tried out a new recipe from the magazine Simple and Delicious. There's a section with five recipes and there's a list on the side that gives you everything you need to make all the recipes so I'm trying them this week. Tonight we had Creamy Chicken Spinach Dinner and it was REALLY good-like Italian restaurant good. It was simple and delicious-you can't beat that. Of course our picky children wouldn't even try it-not even Samantha-there was a lot of green to it and I suppose she wasn't up for the challenge of trying it tonight.
Today Mom and I bought some decorations for dad's birthday. There's not a lot of stuff out there for 80th birthdays. Party America had almost nothing but we did find a bit more at Party World. I thought it was kind of strange that they didn't have more 80th birthday banners, etc. I mean there are a lot of people that reach age 80 but apparently after age 60 you aren't suppose to celebrate your birthday as much or something because they don't have much for it.
When Samantha and I were at Wal-Mart today shopping for my ingredients for my five new recipes I saw two people that I graduated with from high school-that was 19 years ago. They are married now and have two little girls. I hadn't seen Joan for I bet 15 years-shortly after she and Shane got married. They live in a small southwestern town in North Dakota now. I know they were living in Williston at the time of our 10 year reunion-which I missed. My mom is pretty good friends with Joan's mom-they play a lot of pinnochle together and they're both cancer survivors-Joan's dad is as well. Anyway it sure doesn't seem like it's been so long since we've been in high school and they both look the same just a little older-same as me!
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really need that recipe...It sounds really good! We had fun playing this morning, let's do it again soon!
I emailed you the recipe! We had a good time too-thanks for the yummy coffee!
Post a Comment