Bruce wrote all about Gerrit's Pinewood Derby-it was fun except for the big mix up during the awards. I am so glad Micah got an award that he deserved!! Too bad he couldn't bring home the trophy that night.
Sonja called me about an hour ago with news on Wendy's mom. The doctors found three tumors on her brain and are sending her to Rochester tomorrow. Please pray for strength for Wendy, Dale, and Mark. This has to be so hard for them. Also for wisdom for the doctors to know what to do to help Lois. I know how hard it is not to be able to go with and be with your family when someone you love is sent to Rochester. You want to be there knowing what's going on and it's hard to carry on in your daily routine when your heart and mind are somewhere else. The news doesn't sound good but neither did my mom's and look at the miracle God provided in her life.
I called mom to tell her about Lois and to see if she could remember the hotels that were across the street from St. Mary's Hospital (her treatments were at the Rochester Methodist Hospital so I was familiar with the ones near there) but could only remember the name of one across from St.Mary's. Mom couldn't either but I went online and found three right across the street so I passed the info unto Sonja so she could give that to Wendy's dad so he could make a reservation.
Mom also told me that Randy Erickson (this is the dad of Silas-the little boy that died of cancer almost two months ago) was just diagnosed with prostate cancer and is on his way to Rochester. I pray that they've found it early enough that he can have a full recovery. This is surely a lot for one family to deal with!!
I'll be done babysitting Summer on Friday. Hopefully I can start getting to the YMCA on a much more regular basis. I was going today-I didn't have Summer-but it was so cold and Donovan and Samantha were playing so well and so I didn't go. We did have to go out for Donovan's speech and we met Bruce for lunch and picked out curtains and shades for they the family room and the boy's bedroom. Gerrit complains almost every night that the light outside bothers him so it needed to be done.
Tonight we have church and I need to go help Gerrit with his Math homework!! He may have his friend Joseph stay overnight on Friday. Aleah is going to Zoe's birthday sleepover so I guess I'm up for keeping the number of kids in my house at four!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment