Sunday, January 27, 2008

The birthday weekend is officially over!

We successfully held Donovan's birthday at the YMCA this afternoon and everyone (except Noah) that was going to come last week was able to come this week. I think they all had a pretty good time and I know Donovan had a blast. He looked so happy swimming. He was very ready for bed tonight. Besides swimming they ran around on the indoor track too-I don't know why they thought that was so much fun but they did. I also put Aleah to bed earlier than usual again tonight and she was mad at having to go to bed early again and told me she would not go to sleep until nine-I pretty sure she's probably asleep already.

Yesterday Aleah and I got home from the sleepover and buying groceries (the grocery store is not busy at 7:30 a.m.) by eight a.m. We brought doughnuts home for everyone. After we ate breakfast I went to bed for an hour since I maybe slept four hours at the sleepover and then I finished decorating Sydney's cake. We then went over to Barb and Jason's for Sydney's party and we had burgers from Burger Time last night. Aleah would not go back to bed when we got home in the morning (she didn't get anymore sleep then I did) so I had her in bed at eight last night. Gerrit and I started watching the movie National Treasure that I had recorded before Christmas. We're only an hour into it but it's very entertaining.

The sleepover went alright. The girls had a good time-there were about 80-100 Brownie girls, Cadet girl scouts and moms there. The girls were told that once the movie was on (The Princess Diaries) they needed to be quiet and after the movie (about 12:30) they needed to go to sleep. There were about three girls (very close by us) that would not be quiet. Finally about two I think they shut up or were moved. The women in charge got us up at six a.m. so everyone was ready to leave at seven. At least the floor didn't seem as bad as it did in the cabin where we stayed last summer. Aleah is also invited to a sleepover/birthday party at her friend Zoe's next weekend. She's never stayed at someone's house without one of us being there but she'll be fine. They're going to dress up in fancy dresses (thrift store finds) and jewelry and paint their fingernails etc. They'll have a blast. There'll only be four or five of them so that's a nice number.

Bruce and Gerrit are putting the finishing touches on the Pinewood Derby car tonight. Bruce finished Micah's a few hours ago and is finishing Gerrit's now. He's showing Gerrit all the steps. It should be a fun time-it would be kind of funny if Micah's car beats Gerrit's but Gerrit said he wouldn't care that he'd be happy for Micah since he's never placed before and gotten a trophy.

No comments: