Today didn't go quite as planned. Donovan woke up about 2:30 a.m. and was crying that his stomach hurt. I told him to try to go to the bathroom. Bruce followed him in there just in time to see him throw up in front of the toilet. He went back to bed and woke up and seemed okay this morning. We got ready to go to the Golden Corral and five minutes before we were there he threw up in the van. We turned around (not a fun ride home by the way) and went home. Bruce called his mom to tell her we couldn't make it and she thought he was joking because he often tells her something and then says he's kidding.
I tried to call my parents to see how far they were from Bismarck. If they weren't halfway I would have told them to turn around since I didn't want to expose mom to anything but she didn't have her phone on so they got here around 3:00. Bruce's parents did stop by in the afternoon to so Donovan could open his gifts. Everyone had cake except Donovan-poor guy. There's still quite a bit left though so hopefully he can have some cake tomorrow. I didn't have any cake either though since I'm not feeling that great either.
I called the YMCA and was able to postpone Donovan's party until next Sunday at the same time so I also had to call all the kids and it seems like everyone should be able to make it next week too!!
I also got some sad news this afternoon. My college friends from Minot-Sonja and Marsha-called to tell me that Wendy's mom had a stroke early this morning. I'm going to call them again tonight to see if they know much more. The next 72 hours will be critical. Please say a prayer for Lois and her family. As a mother she's the heart of their family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment