We finished up the two Pinewood Derby cars tonight in time for the big race tomorrow evening. The gold one is Gerrit's and the other belongs to another boy (Micah) in Gerrit's Cub Scout pack. His dad is in Iraq so we helped him out with his car this year.

Micah wanted a car like a top fuel dragster. This is the best I could come up with. It doesn't look too bad. Micah did a good job with the paint and stickers.

For Gerrit's car, he and I were looking online for some ideas for a car design. He saw one with a Star Wars theme similar to this and the decision was made within one-half second. We went off on our own and made it quite different from what we saw online. Looks pretty cool if you ask me.
We are excited for tomorrow night. We hope Gerrit's car does well for his last Pinewood Derby. We also hope Micah's car does very well. I don't think Micah has had much luck in past years. Hopefully we can update later tomorrow night with the results.
Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment