Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Doug!

Well, today is the 39th birthday of my younger brother, Doug. Doug lives near Mitchell, SD and teaches vocal music at a school in the area. He has taught at several schools in South Dakota and has been very successful at each one. Happy Birthday Douglas Wade.

Here is Doug with his cake from his 13th birthday in 1982. I could've figured out the year with the math but it was easy based on the photo at the bottom.

Doug goofing around in the snow in 1989. Most likely we've just come from the barn or are going to the barn.

His college senior recital in 1991. We drove to Aberdeen to attend this event. It was very good.

So, yeah, here is how I easily figured out the year on Doug's 13th birthday photo. This one was on the next page in the album. This is my brother Duane, his wife Betty, and their first son Ryan. (I just about typed "his first wife Betty.") Ryan was born in October of 1981 so it was easy to know the year of the top photo. Dang, you two look like kids! I'm sure we'll think the same thing of ourselves in fourteen years from now when we look at pictures of us with our firstborn. Heck, we almost think that already.

No comments: