Thursday, January 3, 2008

Back to school after the holidays

The kids headed back to school after the holidays today. It sure was quiet. Samantha kept asking where the kids were all day. At least she was kept occupied by watching Summer-she refers to her as baby Summer. I'm babysitting Summer a few days a week this month for my cousin Janet until Summer starts her new daycare. She's three and a half months old. Yesterday she cried so much and since she had a cold and wasn't eating much or sleeping long when I laid her down I told Janet I think she might have an ear infection. Janet brought her to the doctor and she did. I guess when you have three out of four kids that had chronic ear infections you learn the signs.

Mom, Loren, and Kelly are still fighting their stomach bug. Mom also has a sinus infection and her throat was so irritated it was bleeding but she said that was better today. So far we've been okay around here so I hope we're in the clear.

Tomorrow I plan to go work out at the YMCA-it's been at least six weeks since I've had a chance to work out. I think it's good that I'll have both Donovan and Samantha with so Samantha can get used to the Child Watch again with Donovan around. We have to go get groceries after that and pick out birthday invitations for Donovan's party. He wants a swimming party at the Y and I think he's choosing a dinosaur theme-they have four you can pick from-they even provide the cake but I will make him a dinosaur cake for his real birthday too! I also have to put away the Christmas decorations. I have never waited this long after Christmas to put them away before but we did get them up a little later this year.

No comments: