Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Summer has arrived!

Yes, Summer has arrived-not the season, but a baby girl! My cousin Janet had a baby girl very early this morning. Summer Belle weighed in at 8 lbs. 3 oz. and her Aunt Raylene says she's beautiful. Janet on the other hand had a very tough time of it. She was admitted to the hospital Monday night to be induced and at two this morning was stuck at 9 1/2 cm for three hours. The doctor said she could keep trying but she was unlikely going to progess so Janet consented to a C-section. I'm not sure of all the details yet but the doctor had a really hard time to stop the bleeding and Janet was in the ICU for awhile after the C-section. I plan to go see her tomorrow. Raylene said Janet was really out of it today.

This morning I made a quick stop at the MOMS Club business meeting and then took Donovan and Samantha to gymnastics. We then went to Burger King for lunch and to Gateway Mall-they have a nice play area for younger kids. We made a quick stop at Jo-Ann's Fabrics and then Donovan had speech. Tonight the kids had Adventure Club at church and I went to the small group Bible study. It was the first night and we will be studying how the 10 Commandments are still relevant today. Pastor Shaner will then have his Sunday sermon about what we studied at our small groups. Our small group wasn't very small though-there were at least 20 of us so I think we'll break up into two groups.

Tomorrow I have MOPS. I missed the first meeting since we were in Wisconsin. After that I'm taking Samantha to the doctor since I'm concerned her tummy hurts so much. She even cries sometimes when she says it. I just want to make sure nothing is really wrong and I hope the doctor at least does an x-ray or something. I plan to go see Janet and Summer after that.

No comments: