Saturday, September 8, 2007

Wedding day

This was a great day. Everything went very well, everyone had a good time, and the day went very fast. We left the hotel at Noon and didn't return until 10:00 tonight. Everyone but me is in bed sleeping, and I am heading there shortly. It really was a good wedding day with a very good ceremony. Everything but the wedding ceremony itself ran late, but I think that is pretty much what happens and you just go with the flow. After the ceremony and the greeting line, we headed over to the home of Kelly's parents and then to the state capital building for more photos. I wasn't really watching the time but I think the grand march and their first dance went on at around 6:00 pm. After dinner and cake, we ran the photo slideshow DVD and that went as planned too. Whew, that was a relief. Shortly after that the DJ opened up the dance floor.

Here is a photo of the family before the real photo sessions started. We had Nancy's aunt, Orabelle, line us up and get a picture of us. My jacket sleeves were too short and during photos I was always having to stuff my shirt sleeves up. Everyone looked very nice. Sometime in the next week or so I should be able to post some more pictures.

We can't sleep in tomorrow morning as we want to get back to Harvey's place in Eagan reasonably on time. We hope to get to the Mall of America yet tomorrow instead of on Monday so that we don't get home to Bismarck so late on Monday. We have a lot to pack up and clean up in the room and we basically need to repack the van. Then we need to take the tuxedos over to the Sheraton here in Madison so that they can get to someone who will be able to return them on Monday. Holy cow, I better get to bed!

No comments: