Yes, we were all well enough to meet with my relatives for Thanksgiving so we were happy about that. Nancy and I are almost comfortable in saying we are out of the woods as far as getting the stomach flu from the kids. Aleah even went to school for the last half day yesterday. She seriously loves school and doesn't like to miss.
The Thanksgiving dinner was excellent as usual. We met at a church in Linton - we have too big a group to meet at someone's house. We ate and then some played games and others sat together and talked. After that our family did go to my parent's house near Strasburg and we stayed there until after supper.
Well, I'll close with a few pictures. I need to get to bed so I can get up in a couple of hours to get in line. Some of the stores are opening at 4:00 am for Black Friday. No, I don't really do that. Several years ago I did go to Menards. I don't remember whether they opened at 5:00 or at 6:00 that year - and I'm not sure what hour they open this year. Anyway, I did not think Menards would be bad but I was very wrong. I got there right when they opened and was lucky to find a spot in the lot. I was just amazed at how many people were there. It was hard to walk around without bumping into someone. I stayed about twenty minutes and by then the checkout lines were to the back aisle, a distance of probably at least 75'. It was then I decided to leave without making any purchases.
No comments:
Post a Comment