Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Although the Labor Day weekend still has a day left I thought I'd write about what we've been doing to keep busy. Gerrit was finally able to have Micah sleep over on Friday night. They slept outside in the tent and made it through the night without coming inside. It did get a little chilly despite all the blanket they had. I made monkey bread and bacon for brunch on Saturday morning.

Saturday we did some shopping and Bruce's parents came for a visit in the afternoon. It was so hot outside. We reached 100 degrees and it broke the old record of 97.

Today we treated ourselves to going to Raging Rivers-an outdoor waterpark. We went two years ago as a family and Aleah and I went last year for Girl Scouts. We had a lot of fun and I'm so glad we chose that over going to the movies. We can go to the movies anytime of the year but Raging Rivers is very seasonal and that time is quickly coming to an end. It was alot easier watching the kids this time too-they were all two years older. Samantha was not quite 16 months the last time we went and Donovan was only four plus Gerrit and Aleah weren't that great of swimmers. Aleah did end up going down one of the really high slides. I can do a lot of different types of waterslides but those really high straight down ones scare me.

Aleah continues with her sleepwalking (she was looking for a towel in the kitchen last night) and tummy pains. I'm now starting to think she might be lactose intolerant. We'll have to experiment with cutting back on milk products (her doctor did suggest that) and see if that helps if not I think we'll be going back to the doctor. I'm going to journal what she eats and what the nights are like for awhile and see if there's any patterns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew it was hot, but I did not realize that it was that hot! We have a sleepwalker in the family...big time, most of that seems to be stress related.