Sunday, August 10, 2008

Do We Know You?

Mmmm. My favorite mug filled with my favorite coffee.

We are back now. At about 4:45 pm yesterday we pulled into our driveway. I had been gone on a business trip working in NE Montana and Nancy and the kids rode along and stayed at her parent's house in Williston, ND. I'm sure Nancy will fill you all in on the events of her week, as I will mine in another post another day.

We were having a beautiful rain at the time of our arrival in Bismarck-Mandan, and the first thing I did was make a pot of Dirt Road Roasting coffee. I had really missed my good coffee, as usual. After getting the pot brewing I moved the van out of and backed the car in the garage so we could unload without getting things wet.

We hadn't intentionally neglected this blog. Nancy's mom has only a dial-up internet connection so Nancy didn't spend a whole lot of time on the internet. Plus she was kept pretty busy. On my end, I had loaded photos on my personal laptop so I could make a few posts. All of the hotels I stayed at had wireless internet available but the connections were so poor I could barely move around to my favorite sites.

Most hotels are like that - they have wireless internet but a good strong connection is really hit and miss. My nearly ten year old laptop is sensitive to a poor wireless connection and doesn't function well internet-wise with one. My comparatively new work laptop didn't have a problem with a connection but WebSense blocks almost all blog sites. It doesn't matter because I wouldn't blog using my work laptop anyway.

Have a good one, everyone! It is good to be home.

No comments: