The last two days have been so busy! I did make it to and enjoyed the swim aerobics class I went to yesterday. I plan on going again tomorrow. I also am officially done canning cucumbers!! The grand total for the summer is 44 quarts of dill pickles (no need to make relish this year since we still have plenty left from a previous year) and of course I did give some away and we've had cucumber salad, and cucumbers in salad and just plain cucumbers. I made bread and butter pickles a year or two ago and Bruce said they weren't as good as the ones my mom makes so I won't make them again. Everyone in the house loves pickles except Donovan. Also Samantha's friend Sydney LOVES pickles so I'll have to give her some and my mom requested some as well since even we couldn't eat 44 quarts of dill pickles in a year!
I started my day donating plasma at six this morning and came home to get the kids off to school and cleaned the kitchen before Samantha and I headed to my Moms In Touch group. After that we went for a two mile walk (I walked, Samantha rode) and then we made a big trip to Wal-Mart. I dread those. Anyway when we got home I was unloading the van (without my helpers-Gerrit, Aleah, and Donovan) and I put the gallon of milk on the counter (almost $5) and it fell off and splashed all over the cupboards and floor. What a mess but I didn't cry over it! I hate it when milk spills it's so sticky. Donovan once when he was about two spilled almost a whole gallon of milk on the floor-he was very mischievious as a toddler. After that cleanup and lunch Samantha took a long nap and I did sit down for about 45 minutes before I hung two loads of laundry outside and starting making a turkey dinner.
I put the turkey in and got the potatoes peeled (you've got to have mashed potatoes with turkey and gravy) and then the kids came home from school and we went and got Aleah's violin.
We also got more milk and some grapes at the grocery store. I finished making supper when I got home and made a chocolate zucchini cake for dessert. When we went on a walk last night someone in the neighborhood had free zucchini sitting out. Bruce rarely plants so zucchini and we didn't have any this year. We went on a walk after supper and after the cleanup and helping Aleah with homework and reading to Donovan I'm about ready for bed but I still have to clean up the sticky milk floor.
Tomorrow I'm going to the Y for the aerobics class and then meeting Barb and Karen for lunch so we can get our three year old girls together for a picture before they start turning four!! I will have to post pictures. I posted pictures of them last year on September 26 so it will be eleven months to the day! Barb informed me that Sydney got her haircut today so I can't wait to see it. I'm not ready to cut Sam's hair yet. It really isn't bad to comb and I didn't cut Aleah's hair shorter until she was done with Kindergarten. Samantha's hair is already close to what Aleah's hair was in Kindergarten so it will be interesting to see how long it gets-we're not going for Crystal Gayle length though. I think I really like long hair on my girls since I never had long hair ever-it's just too fine to look good at a long length.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll take some pickles. I get cross with my crew when they don't drink the milk out of their cereal bowls..so I feel your pain! And milk is a pain to clean up! When Owen was nearly two he spilled a whole gallon on my living room CARPET! Dad was on duty...I was VERY pregnant and trying to get much needed sleep...
Pam-
Email your email address and phone number so I can get some pickles to you.
nancydyk@gmail.com
Post a Comment