Tonight was the kids back to school open house/picnic. They got to meet their teachers and see their rooms...and their friends. They start school on Thursday and I think they're excited to start. I can't believe the school year is already starting and that Gerrit is in his last year of elementary school. I think I've neglected to mention that Gerrit has the same size feet as me now (and I don't have small feet) and I can wear his shoes if I feel the need to do so-I do like a pair of his flip flops but otherwise I'll pass. I'm sure his feet have a lot of growing left to do too!
Aleah is staying overnight at Zoe's house tonight. I was hesitant about it since we've been getting the kids to bed a little earlier each night and waking them up earlier but Zoe's parents said they're doing the same things so that works. She hadn't stayed overnight at Zoe's house since the beginning of the summer.
Gerrit, Donovan, Samantha, and I went swimming at the Y tonight. I knew we'd be busy getting ready for school tomorrow so I thought it would work better this evening.
I canned 28 quarts of dill pickles last week and Bruce brought in a bunch more tonight. Guess I'll be doing more! Anyone want cucumbers?? Bruce also mentioned that our sweet corn will be ready to eat tomorrow-guess what we're having for supper???
Mom still hasn't heard if she has West Nile or about her new round of blood tests from Mayo. She didn't seem quite as tired tonight and said she only napped once instead of pretty much all day so hopefully she's turning a corner and starting to feel better.
We had our first girl scout meeting yesterday. All but one girl showed up and she had a dentist appointment. I guess we have another fourth grader that signed up just recently so that makes 14 in our troop. I wonder if anymore girls will join? Shelly and I kind of hope not. 14 is a big enough group and nine of the 14 are fourth graders.
Tomorrow the plan is to have lunch at McDonald's with Barb and her kids and finish getting ready for school and probably can some cucumbers??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment