Saturday, December 15, 2007

Weekend happenings

Last night I went out by myself (very nice) and got some shopping done. I had a lot of stuff to get done and I had to get some candy and apples for the church for the goodies bags they pass out after the program. The youth group and I will get the bags ready tomorrow morning. I decorated a Christmas tree cake for a friend's daughter's birthday when I got home. She and I had the first babies after MOMS Club started in 2001. Now Emma is six and Donovan will be six a month from tomorrow-talk about time flying by!!

Today I got up and started working in the kitchen. I made a pizza hotdish for us that we just ate and one for Barb and Jason as well. I also made brownies-some for after the program tomorrow night a few for Barb, Jason, and family although I'm pretty sure Barb won't share with her family. Another butterfly hatched this morning and we saw it happen. It happened at 10:01 a.m. and it's a boy!! Bruce got some pictures.

I picked the kids up from program practice at noon (they got pizza there) and came home and did some more stuff. Aleah had to perform at a dance competition this afternoon. Her group was basically the entertainment between the high school students competing. They were from all over the state. I wish I could have stayed for more of it but there's too much to do around here.

Tomorrow we'll go to Sunday School and church and come home and do more stuff. I'm making beef pinwheels for supper tomorrow night since Bruce's parents and grandma will be here for the program. I usually make them for Bruce's birthday but we went out for his birthday this year. They take awhile to make. The kids and I also have to get the gifts ready for their teachers. The day will be busy and fly by!

I almost forgot. The curtains for the living room came in and I picked them up last night. Bruce got them hung up and they look great! Of course anything would have been an improvement over the blue sheet that was hanging there!

No comments: