Saturday, December 1, 2007

December 1st-a nice day for a swim

Gerrit, Aleah, Donovan and I went swimming at the YMCA this afternoon and we had a blast. I felt I needed to do something fun with them since we've been so busy working on the basement and they've been good about entertaining themselves while we've been busy. I was able to leave Samantha at home since Bruce's mom was here to watch her. She did nap most of the time we were gone-Samantha that is not Joann. Bruce and his dad were busy working downstairs.

They got the casing on the doors and some of the trim along the floor. It's looking really nice and I can't imagine what carpet will do to make it look even better. Bruce and I will be busy downstairs tomorrow getting ready for the carpet installers to come on Monday. I do have to bring Aleah to the Civic Center around 1:00. She has a dance performance there since the Pride of Dakota showcase is here this weekend and they must be the entertainment. I'm anxious to see how they do. They've been practicing since September.

We also have church in the morning and Gerrit will be working most of the afternoon on his homework. I imagine Donovan will be watching Bruce and I work and asking questions and watching for any mistakes he's sees-he spots any little imperfection and points it out to us.

No comments: