A few days ago I wrote about how Silas the little boy with cancer from my parent's church died. There's also a co-worker of Bruce who just lost his 15 year old daughter to leukemia a few days ago. Also our friend Jason lost his stepmom Shirley on Saturday very suddenly due to a stroke. It's the same way his mother-in-law died almost nine months ago. I've been praying more lately for Jason, Barb, Jason's dad and Shirley's kids. Jason's dad has been widowed twice. It's always hard to lose someone. I imagine it's even harder this time of the year (Christmas) when it's suppose to be such a happy season. I can't imagine losing a child either. The parents must feel such a void. I can't begin to imagine how one would ever cope with it unless they had some kind of faith to cling to.
Samantha and I met Bruce for lunch today and ordered a curtain for the patio door in the living room. It should be here in a week. It will be hard to say goodbye to the sheet that's been hanging there for a couple months-not really.
We had our Girl Scout troop meeting/Christmas party yesterday after school. It went well. We went caroling at a nursing home and then to Trish's house for the party. It had been awhile since I had been in a nursing home. I just got done reading a book a couple weeks ago that referred to a nursing home as "Heaven's waiting room." I really liked that. I suppose some people don't but I guess most of the time people in the nursing home are elderly and hopefully they are getting ready to go to heaven. I always enjoyed visiting my grandpa and grandma in the nursing home. It was a nice small nursing home and they were wonderfully cared for there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment