Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Note to Russ

About two years ago I bought an old pickup, a 1973 Dodge crew cab 2WD. In looking through the materials in the glove compartment I found a note. I wouldn't call it a love note - it appears to be more of a "like" note.

The original owner of the pickup was Twin City Roofing. I don't know if the note was to someone who worked for the company or whether it was for an owner of the vehicle after Twin City Roofing sold it. There is no date, so there is no way to know the time frame. Who doesn't put a date on a note? Tracy, apparently.

Below is a photo of the note. I typed it out, along with any spelling or grammatical errors, for your easy viewing. The phone number Tracy gives is in Elgin, ND.

Russ,

I was hoping to say good-bie to you today, but I had to go fishing with my mother and her relatives. I really hope that you aren't up-set with me because of the other night! I want you to know that I really want to still be good friends even after what happend! (Excepially after what happend!!) But if you don't want anything to do with me I'll understand. Well, have a good weekend. If you would like to see me when you get back on Monday give me a call, O.K. My phone number is: 584-xxxx. I know that I would like to see you again! Take care of yourself!

As Always,
Tracy

Anyway, it was interesting to me to find this note in that old pickup - so I thought I would share it here. Gerrit read it and said, "It sounds kind of like they were boyfriend/girlfriend and one of them did something to make the other one mad."

No comments: