You may have heard we broke snowfall records here in Bismarck, but maybe you are confused about exactly which ones. Fear not, I am here to help.
In short, December 2008 went in the record books as the month with the greatest snowfall in Bismarck recorded history. We beat down March 1975 for the most snow in a single month and obliterated 1916 for the greatest December snowfall. If we keep this pace up we'll be on track for season records!
From the Bismarck National Weather Service December 2008 Climate Summary:
"December 2008 will go down as the month with the greatest snowfall in recorded weather history at Bismarck. 33.3 inches of snow fell in December 2008, which breaks the old record of 31.1 inches of snow in a single month, set in March of 1975. Furthermore, the record for December snowfall was also broken, originally set in 1916 with 21.7 inches of snow."
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ahh that explains why I heard 1916 and 1975 records! I prefer 1916...it has more bragging rights attached!
Post a Comment