Thursday, January 1, 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

I love snow. I'm so happy we are finally having a "real" winter. I suppose I wouldn't be if I had to work outside every day.

Earlier this afternoon, I had to go out and dig my mother-in-law's car out of the ditch next to our driveway. It wasn't very stuck. Just the passenger side wheels were in the ditch, so I just shoveled out in front of the car and drove out forward very easily. If you visit our house, please do not park in the ditch. Thank you.

As long as I was outside I figured it was time to dig the snowblower out from the shed in the back yard. I haven't used it yet because so far I've just been shoveling with my nice Sears Craftsman steel pusher shovel. Although we have a long driveway, the snow has been very fluffy and the job hasn't been too hard. (Besides, I could use the exercise.) Loren and his wife should be arriving just before supper and I wanted them to be able to park on the road if needed. The snow plow left a swath about three feet wide on the road.

That was a job for the old Gilson. I took it out of the shed and blew my way up to the front yard. After my road cleaning job was done I blew out a spot for it on the concrete patio in front of the house. I tied a blanket over it - I may have to dig it out once in a while but at least it shouldn't be full of snow.

Why don't I keep it in the garage, you ask? We just have a single car garage with no room on either side to put anything of this size.

I bought that snowblower at my father-in-law's farm sale. That was in 2001, I think. I did some research online and figured out it was made in 1971. Still works great!

No comments: