Saturday, January 10, 2009

Routine

The past week has been about trying to get back into our school year routine. I managed to get the Christmas decorations put away and I only made it to the Y twice. I was going to go on Friday but looked outside (snowing heavily at the time but at least not icey) and decided to stay home with Samantha. The days of being able to not leave the house and hang out with my tagalong are getting to be fewer all the time and I want to make the most of them. We spent a lot of time reading books that day and playing play-doh and just rocking in the chair together. When the school year starts next fall, I'll be really busy driving Gerrit to middle school and Samantha to preschool (I'm super thankful the bus will bring Aleah and Donovan to school or I'd have three stops to make almost everyday) and the older the kids get the busier they are!

I did have time this week to visit Pam and Ethan one afternoon and finish getting things ready for Donovan's birthday party-I still have to bake and decorate the cake, but his present is bought and wrapped and the invitations and goodie bags are sent and ready. We also started The Truth Project this week at church for our small groups and it's going to be a very good study.

This morning Gerrit had curling and I had book club-we discussed"The Shack." It's very thought provoking and we had a good discussion. We had brunch at Denny's. Next time we're going to Boneshakers coffee shop. We also made a trip to Sam's Club and they didn't really have any samples today-that was a little disappointing. People have been telling me they have more of that stuff on Thursdays or Fridays-I'll keep that in mind.

Tomorrow will be the first time in two months that I have to teach Sunday School. I feel out of practice but am ready for the lesson. It will be nice for the kids to actually have Sunday School instead of program practice.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Isn't it hard to get back into that routine after the kids are home?? I can't even imagine what it is going to be like once the twins are also in school...

We need to do coffee or something, I miss visiting with you!